Question of the Week
Some Self-Care Tips
Happy Friday, everyone!
We officially closed tax season 2022 this week, so I get to take a break. Usually, at the close of the initial and extension deadlines, I take time to restore and recharge.
One of my business values is to Lead by Example.
We take care of ourselves physically, mentally, and spiritually to be the best we can in serving our clients and show them by example what living a fulfilling life looks like.
Whether you’re getting through a stressful sting in your business or if the world feels overwhelming, I find it even more essential to take care of myself the best I can during times like this. The result is a better you for your business and your clients.
So, this week, I want to revisit some practical steps to self-care. A client reminded me that our emotions tell us what we need, and it’s our job to listen to our feelings (and sometimes our bodies) and take care of ourselves.
Here are some practical methods of self-care clients and I have found effective.
- I put my phone in a drawer for at least an hour a day
- I meditate every day using Headspace
- I pick a new area of the house to clean every week
- I take a lunch break with my partner every day
- I spend two hours a day in our yard with my kids
- I’ve asked my husband to take care of the kids for three hours in the morning so that I can work.
- I bought a water bottle that makes sure I get my daily recommended amount of water.
- I garden
- I bought a necklace that helps ease anxiety through breathing.
- I journal every day.
- I occasionally close my eyes, take a few deep breaths, and feel it in my body.
- If my spouse and I find ourselves in an argument cycle, we ask for a “do-over.”
- I bake cookies every weekend
- I do yoga online
- I started learning Italian
- I found some home workout routines for regular folks
- I plan a vacation after the stress is over
And yep, that last one is me. I’ll be away next week but back the week after with more business-building and planning tips. In the meantime, I hope you find ways to take care of yourself!
Quote of the Week
“If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self. – Wayne Dyer
Tasks of the Week
I plan on reading a few books while I’m away – The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks and Outlive: The Science and Art of Longevity by Petter Attia. And I would love any other suggestions. Send me what you’re favorite thing you’re reading right now!
Alternatively, send me a way you’re going to take care of yourself soon!