Passionate, profitable, and always purposeful
My firm provides financial and business planning to help entrepreneurs build financially thriving mission-driven businesses and purpose-driven lives. We use your money and business as tools to increase your sense of financial well-being and life satisfaction. Brian Thompson Financial is a fee-only firm – that means no commissions, no kick-backs, and no sales pitches for insurance or other expensive investment add-ons – just the transparency you deserve.
I split business engagements into two phases:
- Phase 1 – Discovery: In this phase, I help you get clarity around who you are, what you want, and what resources you have to build the business of your dreams. I help clarify your passion, vision, and values behind your business to use as a lens for your future decisions. I also analyze how your cash flow, business structure, taxes, etc., all fit together. The minimum cost for this phase is $2,000 for a new business and $4,000 for a company in operation over one year. There will be added costs for complexity, such as the number of people involved in the process, business structure, and revenue.
- Phase 2 – Ongoing support and care: Here, we set up the foundational structure for your mission-driven business, as well as respond, advocate and create conditions for success. Specifically, we revisit your mission, vision, and values, using them as a lens for your strategic decisions as the business evolves and navigates uncertainty. We will address any business structure changes, set up a cash management system that drives profitability from day one, implement proper bookkeeping and maximize your use of business tax advantages. We will also address retirement planning (like setting up Solo 401ks), scenario plan, set up buy-sell agreements, adjust employee benefits, and develop exit strategies aligned with the purpose, vision, and values we discovered in Phase 1. The minimum cost for this phase is $6,000/year for new businesses and $10,000 for business in operation over a year. There will be added costs for complexities such as having multiple entities, multiple owners, and/or complex balance sheets. Deliverables and meeting structure will vary, and I will outline a roadmap in your proposal.
My goal is always to provide value exceedingly above your investment. Additionally, I will always provide the cost and scope of engagement before committing to anything. If you are curious to learn more about what it would cost in your situation, feel free to set up a 15-minute introduction call.
You can add personal financial planning at an additional cost. You can check out the Process tab to get an overview of how that process works and the benefits of each step.
Comprehensive Care Process
Managing, improving and capturing opportunities within your financial life
Comprehensive Care Process
The comprehensive care model is a collaborative approach that helps bring order to your financial life. We will creates a space where you can get excited about and take action towards the life you want. We work together to anticipate your life changes and financially prepare for them by regularly assessing any transitions that might come. We creating the action plan necessary to address and manage them ahead of time.
During the first year, we usually meet between six to eight times and then quarterly or semi-annually following, depending on what’s going on in your life. The meetings last an hour to an hour and a half, and the first three typically happen within three to four weeks of each other. However, we adjust to whatever pace suits you. The following is an overview of what you’ll experience.
- Vision Meeting: We dig deep into what matters to you most and how your money can serve you to that end. You dream big and put all of your hopes and ideas on the table. We then create a vision of your business and your life with everything as you want it to be. We also prioritize your goals to help bring that dream to fruition.
- Organization and Obstacles Meeting: We assess where you are now by bringing your entire financial life into one place. We review and discuss your assets and liabilities, as well as your current income and expenses for both your business and personal finances. This meeting will also explore what obstacles might get in your way and tackle them head on
- Knowledge Development Meeting: We develop a thoughtful, intentional process for how you can use financial planning techniques to build the choice and opportunity you want in your present life and fund your future wants and needs. We focus on habits and automation to ensure that you stick to your planning.
- Execution Meeting: With the energy and inspiration of your ideal life, as well as your initial financial plan in place, we work together to help you bring your vision to life as quickly as possible. We check in on the system we’ve set up for you. We review questions on implementation, assess your progress and give you direction where to go from here.
- Check-In Meetings (If necessary): After the execution phase kicks in, we will check in on your progress, and I’ll be there to help you if you go off course or something changes.
- Annual Renewal Meeting: We review your progress with the implementation of your tasks and discuss your continued need for ongoing support and next steps as we go into each new year of planning.
This service also includes:
- Notes and easily digestible planning materials after every meeting.
- 24-7 access to your client portal to help keep all aspects of your life in one place.
- Discounted tax preparation and bookkeeping.
- In-depth tax planning regarding what you can and cannot deduct, when and how much to pay in quarterly estimated taxes, and the most efficient timing of your expenses.
- Collaboration with other professionals to ensure comprehensive planning.
- Unlimited email support from me whenever questions arise.
Schedule an appointment to find out if this service is right for you.
Sound valuable to you? Contact me.