Trust and empowerment every step of the way.
The comprehensive care model is a collaborative approach that helps bring order to your financial life and creates a space where you can get excited about and take action towards the life you want. We work together to anticipate your life changes and financially prepare for them by regularly assessing any transitions that might come and creating the action plan necessary to address and manage them ahead of time.
During the first year, we usually meet between six to eight times and then quarterly or semi-annually following, depending on what’s going on in your business and life. The meetings last an hour to an hour and a half, and the first three typically happen within two to three weeks of each other. However, we adjust to whatever pace suits you.
This service also includes:
- Notes and easily digestible planning materials after every meeting
- 24-7 access to your client portal to help keep all aspects of your life in one place
- Collaboration with other professionals to ensure comprehensive planning
- Yearly review tax returns and preparation if desired (at an additional cost)
- Annual review of employee benefits to ensure you maximize the options available to you
- Unlimited email support from me whenever questions arise (I usually respond within 48 business hours).
The following is an overview of what you’ll experience.
We dig deep into what matters to you most and how your business and money can serve you to that end. You dream big and put all of your hopes and ideas on the table. We then create a vision of your business and life with everything as you want it to be and prioritize your goals to help bring that dream to fruition.
Organization and Obstacle Meeting
We assess where you are now by bringing your entire financial life into one place. We review and discuss your assets and liabilities, as well as your current income and expenses for your business and personal finances. This meeting will also explore what obstacles might get in the way of your vision and how to tackle them head on.
Knowledge Development Meeting
We develop a thoughtful, intentional process for how you can use financial planning techniques to build the choice and opportunity you want in your business and life. We focus on building systems, habits and automation to ensure that you make the most effective use of your time, money and talent.
With the energy and inspiration of your ideal life, as well as your initial financial plan in place, we work together to help you bring your vision to life as quickly as possible. We check in on the system we’ve set up for you. We review questions on implementation, assess your progress and give you direction where to go from here.
Business Planning Meetings
For your business strategy and tactics, we focus on items like the following:
- Get you organized so that all of your information is easily accessible.
- Set up and/or reviewing the foundational elements of your business, including business structure (LLC, Partnership, B-Corp, S-Corp), getting an employer identification number (EIN), proper coverage, separate bank accounts, etc.
- Develop budgeting and bookkeeping systems to ensure your business is profitable from day one, and that you set aside proper percentages for operating expenses, owners pay and taxes.
- Build habits so that your tasks become second nature and predictable.
- Discuss business strategies around compensation, benefits and development.
- Perform in-depth tax planning regarding what you can and cannot deduct, when and how much to pay in quarterly estimated taxes, and the most efficient timing of your expenses.
- Plan for retirement and financial independence by setting up the proper savings vehicles (SEP, Solo 401k, SIMPLE, 401k, etc.).
Check-In Meeting (if applicable)
After the execution phase kicks in, we will check in on your progress, and I’ll be there to help you if you go off course or something changes. I also serve as a thought partner in those times you feel stuck.
Annual Renewal Meeting
We review your progress with the implementation of your tasks and discuss your continued need for ongoing support and next steps as we go into each new year of planning.
Enjoy your life
One of the many benefits of working with a financial life planner is having the chance to regularly discuss and refine your vision for your business and your life. My job is to help guide you in making the right financial moves so you can achieve that vision and navigate any obstacles you might encounter along the way.
Good planning is a continual process, not a one-time event. And knowing that you have the right financial foundation helps give you the peace of mind that allows you to focus on the things most important to you.
That is why I love doing what I do—I help people like you live their best life.