Question of the Week
How are you taking care of yourself during COVID-19?
Happy Friday everyone! It’s time for your five-minute weekly check in. I know the past few weeks have been pretty technical, so this week I wanted to highlight the most important thing you can do during this time of COVID-19: take care of yourself. I’ve already discussed some tools to help with fear and anxiety during this time. Here are some practical methods of self-care clients and I have found effective.
· I put my phone in a drawer for at least an hour a day
· I meditate every day using Headspace
· I pick a new area of the house to clean every week
· I take a lunch break with my husband every day
· I spend two hours a day in our yard with my kids
· I’ve asked my husband to take care of the kids for three hours in the morning so I can work
· I bought a water bottle that makes sure I get my daily recommended amount of water
· I garden
· I bought a necklace that helps ease anxiety through breathing.
· I occasionally close my eyes, take a few deep breaths and feel it in my body
· If my spouse and I find ourselves in argument cycle, we ask for a “do over”
· I bake cookies every weekend
· I do yoga online
· I started learning Italian
· I found some home workout routines for normal folks
And here are some tips from my favorite therapist on Instagram Nedra Glover Tawwab.
Right Now, Self-care looks like:
Setting boundaries about how much information you ingest
Washing your hands
Not Obsessively checking your stocks and 401k
Unfollowing or muting accounts that are too much for you
Tending to your emotions
Accepting what is
Working from home
Staying in touch with loved ones
Continuing or starting therapy online
Quote of the Week
“You are your best thing.” – Toni Morrison
Tasks of the Week
Try a new method of self-care that resonates with you. Choose something from the list or something completely different. I’d love to hear what you try. Message me at the links below.